- (noun) a fictitious name, especially one used by an author; “Hanbury wrote a novel under the pseudonym of James Aston”
Pseudonym meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- mid 19th century: from French pseudonyme, from Greek pseudōnymos, from pseudēs ‘false’ + onoma ‘name’.
Pseudonym in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I had written a Faking News Post under a pseudonym against the rampant sexism at an age-old hostel tradition.
- Her lawsuit, filed under the pseudonym Jane Roe, resulted in the court’s 1973 decision that established a woman’s right to an abortion.
- But that is not why some women authors wrote under male pseudonyms.
- 3 Lewis Carroll was the pseudonym adopted by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
- US President Barack Obama reportedly used a pseudonym in some of the e-mails he exchanged with Hillary Clinton.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pseudonym
- (noun) skill or expertise in a particular activity or field; “his prowess as a fisherman”
- (noun) bravery in battle; “the knights were famed for their prowess in battle”
Prowess (प्राउअस / प्राउइस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- कौशल, दिलेरी, वीरता, शूरता, साहस, भुजबल, विचरना
- Middle English (in sense 2): from Old French proesce, from prou ‘valiant’. Sense 1 dates from the early 20th century.
Prowess in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- India’s skilled manpower and Finland’s high-end tech prowess should be leveraged under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- Zac Posen Shows Off His Film Prowess at Metrograph.
- India “proves Ballistic Missile Defence prowess”
- Obamacare tests Trump’s deal-making prowess.
- Why Israel’s Sudden Baseball Prowess Actually Means Something.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prowess
- prowess meain chuppa hai POWER
- (adj) having or revealing a tendency to be easily shocked by matters relating to sex or nudity; excessively concerned with sexual propriety; “his grandmother was a rather prudish woman”
Prudish (प्रूडिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कपटलज्जालु, पाखंडी, पाखण्डी
Prudish in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Fair, and I am not being prudish. After all, kiss is an expression of love.
- No sex, please: Sandeep Kumar pays the price of prudish politics.
- Of sex and other mundane things: Are Indians still prudish?
- Then there was my mother, brought up by prudish German nuns.
- At the risk of sounding prudish, let me also state another problem I had with the film’s depiction of nudity, sex and the so-called erotica.
- (verb) destroy or injure severely; “many of the bodies had been mutilated”
- (verb) alter so as to make unrecognizable; “the 14th-century carved screen had been mutilated”
Mutilate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बुरी तरह नष्ट कर देना, काटना, छांटना, अंग भंग करना
- early 16th century: from Latin mutilat- ‘maimed, mutilated, lopped off’, from the verb mutilare, from mutilus ‘maimed’.
Mutilate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Chimps Kill, Mutilate and Cannibalize Member of Own Group.
- Woman who threatened to mutilate and kill horses jailed.
- Poachers poison, mutilate lions in South Africa.
- UNICEF decries high rate of female genital mutilation in the country.
- Pakistani troops kill 3 Indian soldiers, mutilate one at LoC.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of mutilate
- mutilate = “ate”, if I ate your arm, I mutilate you
- (verb) enquire too inquisitively into a person’s private affairs; “I’m sick of you prying into my personal life”
Pry (प्राइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निजी जानकारी प्राप्त करने की कोशिश करना
- early 19th century: from the verb prise, interpreted as pries, third person singular of the present tense.
Pry in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- But – phew – at least it was password protected, otherwise any peeping tom could pry through your entire mobile life.
- Don’t pry or compare: Nothing good can come out of it.
- All in all, it’s high time we banned such pathetic and less than smart ads that pry on women’s insecurities and pit them against each other.
- According to police, one fot he victims, a scrap dealer, was trying to pry out copper from the shell when it exploded.
- New US satellite seeks to pry secrets out of Atlantic’s storms.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pry