Affirm Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) state emphatically or publicly; “he affirmed that they would lend military assistance”
- (verb) declare one’s support for; uphold; defend; “the charter affirmed the right of national minorities to use their own language”
- (law) accept or confirm the validity of (a judgement or agreement); ratify;”the Court of Appeal affirmed a decision of the High Court”
- (law) make a formal declaration rather than taking an oath; “he refused to take the oath but chose simply to affirm on being admitted to the Privy Council”
- (verb) offer (someone) emotional support or encouragement; “there are five common ways parents fail to affirm their children”
Affirm (अफर्म) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मान लेना, स्वीकार करना, पुष्टि करना, प्रतिज्ञान करना, अनुमोदन करना, दावे से कहना
- Middle English (in the sense ‘make firm’): via Old French from Latin affirmare, from ad- ‘to’ + firmus ‘strong’.
Affirm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- In fact, every industry statesman will affirm that leadership centred around values is inevitable for the building of a legacy.
- As a litterateur, I affirm that the current so-called “intolerance” by regional and nation media is of no help.
- YSR Congress MLAs affirm faith in Jagan’s leadership.
- The violent battle on 22 March in Hyderabad University seems part of an ongoing coordinated action to affirm dominance and power.
- Ask firmly, negotiate smartly, affirm gently, and settle happily!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affirm
- Affirm = A + ‘firm’ statement
You Must Affirm What You Want! (Law Of Attraction)
Hurl Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) throw or impel (someone or something) with great force; “rioters hurled a brick through the windscreen”
- (verb) utter (abuse) vehemently; “the demonstrators hurled abuse at councillors”
- (informal) vomit; “you make me want to hurl”
- (informal) (noun) a ride in a vehicle; a lift; “hey pal, any chance of a hurl?”
Hurl (हर्ल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- जोर से फेंकना, जोर से चिल्लाना
- Middle English: probably imitative, but corresponding in form and partly in sense with Low German hurreln.
Hurl in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Gold traders hurl black flags at Sushma Swaraj’s car.
- A few minutes later, they returned to the spot and hurled stones at the car and fled the scene.
- Mandya municipal councillors hurl abuses, come to blows.
- ‘Go Raksha’ activists hurl shoe at Kanhaiya.
- I’m also able to hurl myself around the station, though most of the time I only succeed in propelling myself away from the station.
Shoe hurled at Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal (Breaking News)
Alcove Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a small recess opening off a larger room
Alcove (ऐल्कोव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आला, कुटी, कुन्ज, गुफा, घिरौची, मेहराबदार ताखा
- late 16th century: from French alcôve, from Spanish alcoba, from Arabic al-qubba ‘the vault’.
Alcove in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Every floor will also have a small alcove, with an eatery.
- It now stands beatifically in an alcove of the newly constructed Saude Church on the Fort Kochi-Kanamally Road.
- The last has a statue of the Virgin in an alcove in the wall.
- Just above the entrance is a small alcove with images of Rama and Sita.
- They will also have a Children’s Alcove for the young ones.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of alcove
- alcove = all + cave (chhoti guffa)
Aggravate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) make (a problem, injury, or offence) worse or more serious; “military action would only aggravate the situation”
- (informal) annoy or exasperate; “she found him thoroughly aggravating and unprofessional”
Aggravate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- भड़काना, बिगाड़ना, छेड़ना, उत्तेजित करन, गंभीरता बढ़ाना, बदतर करना
- mid 16th century: from Latin aggravat- ‘made heavy’, from the verb aggravare, from ad- (expressing increase) + gravis ‘heavy’.
Aggravate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Job crisis in jute mills may further aggravate.
- ‘Drought likely to aggravate in April’.
- Did you Know that Mint can Aggravate Your Acidity?
- We should be eating in accordance to these, so we don’t aggravate or imbalance our mind-body.
- Doctors point out that throat and chest congestion are likely to aggravate for those suffering from coughs and allergies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of aggravate
- Aggravate = aggra (jaada) + ate, eating more will make your body worse
Difference between annoy and aggravate
Agog Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) very eager or curious to hear or see something.
Agog (अगाग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उत्सुक, विकल, चंचल, अस्थिर
- mid 16th century: from Old French en gogues, from en ‘in’ + the plural of gogue ‘fun’.
Agog in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Anant Ambani’s Amazing 108 Kg Weight Loss Has The Internet Agog.
- The reopening of this art gallery has had the city agog with curiosity.
- While social media went agog over the news, Navjot Kaur switched off her mobile phone.
- While the audience was agog to see Munnabhai among them, the photographers’ pit went into an overdrive.
- When my cousin sent the bottle across, I was all agog with excitement.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of agog
- agog = ahh + goggle dekhkar agog reg gaya…