Virtuoso Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary word to your Word List
Virtuoso [vur-choo-oh-soh] (noun)
- a person highly skilled in music or another artistic pursuit
- a person who has special knowledge or skill in a field
Virtuoso Word Usage:
- Guitar Virtuoso performs at IIM-A in Ahmedabad
As adjective: “a virtuoso performance”
Virtuoso Word Usage in Recent News:
Succour Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word list
Succour [suhk-er] (noun)
- assistance and support in difficult situation
Succour Word Usage in recent News:
Sedentary Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Sedentary [sed-n-ter-ee] (adjective)
- tending to spend much time seated; somewhat inactive
Sedentary Word Usage
My doctor says I should take up some sport because my lifestyle is too sedentary
Sedentary Word Usage in Recent News:
Emulate Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Emulate [em-yuh-leyt] (verb)
- match or surpass (a person or achievement), typically by imitation
Emulate Word Usage
Adolescents often try to emulate their favorite pop singers or movie stars.
Emulate Word Usage in News
Can be confused : emulate, immolate
Rich Vs Poor Vocab Meme +8 Vocabulary Words to your Word List
INDIGENT [in-di-juh nt] (adjective)
- lacking food, clothing, and other necessities of life because of poverty; needy; poor; impoverished
DESTITUTE [des-ti-toot, -tyoot] (adjective)
- without means of subsistence; lacking food, clothing, and shelter.
IMPECUNIOUS [im-pi-kyoo-nee-uh s] (adjective)
- having little or no money; penniless; poor.
PENURIOUS [puh-noo r-ee-uh s] (adjective)
- extremely stingy; parsimonious; miserly.
OPULENT [op-yuh-luh nt] (adjective)
- wealthy, rich, or affluent.