Parvenu Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
Parvenu [pahr-vuh-noo, -nyoo, pahr-vuh–noo, –nyoo]
- (noun) a person who has recently or suddenly acquired wealth, importance, position, or the like, but has not yet developed the conventionally appropriate manners, dress, surroundings, etc.
- (adj) characteristic of someone who has risen economically or socially but lacks the social skills appropriate for this new position.
Parvenu (पार्वनू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Parvenu sentences from newspaper
- I abhor distastefulness in dress as it shows a lack of understanding of body type and ends up making the parvenu look cheap and desperate.
- The man they had long dismissed as a provincial parvenu from the western state of Gujarat is now the most powerful man in the country.
- Mr. Mitra is no political parvenu.
- the political inexperience of a parvenu.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Parvenu
- think of praveen(of indian crkt team)who has just entered into team and nw earnng a lot…..so is a newly rich person
Real Slumdog Millionaire is first to win $1m on Indian gameshow – Now Parvenu
Mountebank Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi Translation
- (noun) a person who deceives others, especially in order to trick them out of their money; a charlatan.
- (noun) a person who sells quack medicines, as from a platform in public places, attracting and influencing an audience by tricks, storytelling,etc.
Mountebank meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कपटी,धोखेबाज़,नट,नीमहकीम,नटनी,बाज़ीगर,मदारी,कपटी विक्रेता,तमाशा कर भीड़ इकट्ठी करने वाला
Mountebank sentences from Newspaper
- Narendra Modi, the mountebank, dwarfed Chouhan at the rally called essentially to boost the BJP’s prospects in the upcoming assembly elections.
- A credulous conservative audience is ready for another mountebank like Warnke to thieve away their money telling fables about demons.
- Charlatan to many is a huckster, a mountebank, an impersonator.
- What equivocating mountebank could fool the American people with such nonsense?
- Why play along with someone who one of your closest allies has effectively described as a dangerous mountebank?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Mountebank
- mountebank can be broken as mouth+bank=person whose mouth is a bank of words….who is extremely boastful and pretentious…
Identify the Mountebank in the scene below
Apocryphal Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
Apocryphal [uh–pok-ruh-fuh l]
- (adj) (of a story or statement) of doubtful authenticity, although widely circulated as being true.
Apocryphal (अपाक्रफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- असत्य,झूठा,अप्रमाणिक,शंकित,संदिग्ध प्रमाण
- apocryphal books
- apocryphal gospels
Apocryphal sentences in newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Apocryphal
- Derived from root “crypt” which means “secret”. So, Apocryphal means “of doubtful authenticity”
Only 66 books in the Bible — why the Apocrypha and Gnostic Gospels weren’t included
Ersatz Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi Translation with Pictures
Ersatz [er-zahts, -sahts, er-zahts, –sahts]
- (adj) (of a product) made or used as a substitute, typically an inferior one, for something else.”ersatz coffee”
- (noun) an artificial substance or article used to replace something natural or genuine; a substitute.
Ersatz meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Ersatz sentences from Newspaper
- Most of the time it’s what hastily gets made in the early hours of the morning and sent in the lunch boxes or the ersatz cafeteria/canteen food.
- This project promises to become a clone of the BrahMos; a Russian product that carries an ersatz Indo-Russian trademark.
- We have to avoid both positivist history and even the ersatz history of Hindutva.
- What are the signs that CR Park is an ersatz, counterfeit or duplicate version of Calcutta?
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Ersatz
- sat is an inferior substitute for gre for ER engineer ppl
Ersatz vs Real iPhone 6!
Hyperbole Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (noun) obvious and intentional exaggeration.
- (noun) an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to betaken literally
Hyperbole (हाइपर्बली) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अतिशयोक्ति,अत्युक्ति,अत्योक्ति,किसी बात को घटा बढ़ाकर कहना
Hyperbole sentences from Newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hyperbole
- hyper(beyond the limit)+bole(means speak)..so someone who gives the statement beyond his limit..overstating basically.
Andaz Apna Apna – Hyperbole Scene 🙂