- (adj) witheringly scornful; severely critical; “Kejriwal launched a scathing attack on the Prime Minister”
Scathing (स्केदिंग / स्कैदिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, हानि पहुंचाने वाला, नुकसान पहुंचाने वाला
- Middle English: from Old Norse skathi (noun), skatha (verb); related to Dutch and German schaden (verb).
Scathing in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nick Smith dodges questions on scathing environment report.
- Modi is doing ‘khoon ki dalaali’: Rahul’s scathing attack on PM.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal made a scathing attack on the BJP state government in Gujarat for utilizing force during the Patel agitation.
- BJP at the national council launched a scathing attack on Pakistan following the Uri terror attack.
- He’s a punk, he’s a dog, he’s a pig: Robert De Niro’s scathing attack on Donald Trump.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scathing
- (verb) (especially of a small animal or child) run with quick light steps, especially through fear or excitement;“he scampered in like an overgrown puppy”
- (noun) an act of scampering;“he heard the squeak and scamper of rats”
Scamper (स्कैम्पर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तेज़ी से दौड़ जाना, भाग जाना, रफूचक्कर हो जाना
- late 17th century (in the sense ‘run away’): probably from scamp.
Scamper in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Kohli reached the mark while trying to steal a single and he had to scamper to the non-striker’s end but in the end he was comfortably in.
- With none of the scamper, hurry ,bustle, dash and dart I was able to walk right up to my office desk unruffled and composed.
- The batsmen scamper through for a single.
- At this tender age when other children scamper around in their free time, this class 3 student takes on the role of a librarian.
- A bunch of rats scamper down the Metro steps (‘racing’ to outdo the other) – except those two at the top of the stairs.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scamper
- scamper = scam + per … scam karke scamper
- (adj) (especially of a principle, place, or routine) regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with;“the individual’s right to work has been upheld as sacrosanct”
Sacrosanct (सैक्रोसैंगक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 15th century: from Latin sacrosanctus, from sacro ‘by a sacred rite’ (ablative of sacrum ) + sanctus ‘holy’.
Sacrosanct in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Operational military matters are sacrosanct and discussing them like movie reviews is foolishness.
- The Supreme Court is the highest court of the land and its word is final and sacrosanct.
- All three forces — Army, Air Force and Navy — are treated as sacrosanct in India.
- The Indian society may consider marriage to be sacrosanct.
- Independence of judiciary is sacrosanct, says law minister RS Prasad.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sacrosanct
- Sacrosanct = Sacro (100’s) + “sant” ; something must be ‘sacred’ here.
- (noun) the state of being private and away from other people;“they enjoyed ten days of peace and seclusion”
Seclusion (सिक्लूश़न) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from medieval Latin seclusio(n- ), from secludere ‘shut off’
Seclusion in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He went into seclusion for months after a motorcycle crash in 1966.
- Seclusion is the best way to cope with a breakup.
- So, they are forced to stay in old-age homes or live a life of extreme seclusion in their own homes.
- After his death, his widow lived a life of guarded seclusion.
- He resigned in 1983 and went into virtual seclusion.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of seclusion
- seclude — opposite of include
- (adj) (of a person or action) showing dedication and diligence;“he watched himself with the most sedulous care”
Sedulous (सेजलस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 16th century: from Latin sedulus ‘zealous’ + -ous.
Sedulous in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The students, who are sedulous, can make a great headway in academic activities for which emotional learning is an admirable path.
- The work of Krishna District Collector Babu A, in the ongoing construction of the new capital is marked by a sedulous attention to detail.
- We hope Aamir Khan finds the suitable girl to play his daughter in Dangal and all his sedulous efforts come to fruition.
- Governments have been quite sedulous in trying to support and generally encourage the industry, in terms of offering subsidies.
- He is remembered for his sedulous work in Den Amstel and in the villages of Guyana.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sedulous
- seducing a lady is no doubt a sedulous task