- (adj) failing to produce the intended result. “the rebel officers who led the abortive coup were shot”
- (adj) (of a virus infection) failing to produce symptoms.
- (adj) (of an organ or organism) rudimentary; arrested in development. “abortive medusae”
- (adj) causing or resulting in abortion. “abortive techniques”
Abortive meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- निष्फल होना, असफल, अवर्धित, अधूरा, निष्फल, अपूर्ण रूप से विकसित
- Middle English (as a noun denoting a stillborn child or animal): via Old French from Latin abortivus, from aboriri ‘miscarry’ (see abort).
Abortive in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- New Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa’s Many …,… Ranil Wickremesinghe—including an abortive coup by the president to … “Gotabaya Rajapaksa is a person India can do business with,” says …
- In the digital age fraudsters dupe AIIMS of ₹12 crore by …, Fraudsters siphoned off ₹12 crore from two bank accounts of India’s … Attempts to contact the Director, AIIMS for a comment proved abortive.
- Gotabaya’s victory and after: What Sri Lanka’s election verdict …, President Sirisena’s abortive bid to carry out a ‘constitutional’ coup to … And when Modi visited Sri Lanka in June this year to show India’s …
- Sharad Pawar: The return of the Maratha strongman to form, Despite the momentary setback of nephew Ajit Pawar’s abortive rebellion … Indian politics”, in a jibe at BJP chief and Home Minister Amit Shah.
- Man dies after entering sewer in Delhi, 2 contractors arrested, … 304 (causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code and 7/9 of …. According to the police the Maoists had made an abortive attempt …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Abortive
- Relate it to abort..things usually gets aborted when it seems that it would be unsuccessful or fruitless
- relate it to “abortion” in wich parents remains FRUITLESS…
How to pronounce Abortive