Progeny Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a descendant or the descendants of a person, animal, or plant; offspring; “the progeny of the Scottish settlers who settled there in the mid-1800s”
Progeny (प्राजनी / प्राजिनी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Middle English: from Old French progenie, from Latin progenies, from progignere ‘beget’
Progeny in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Madhya Pradesh assisting other states in improving bovine progeny.
- In 2015-16, the state distributed Rs 219 crore for cows and their male progeny in 29 famine-affected districts.
- Karnataka’s CMs, however, have a long tradition of not getting their progeny into politics till they themselves are active.
- Though Kerala had always turned its back against progeny politics,the state had accepted a few.
- You cannot rig the system. Sure, you can give a chance to your progeny, but at the end of the day, it’s the public who decides.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of progeny
- progeny mein chuppa hai ‘genes’
Profound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a state, quality, or emotion) very great or intense; “profound feelings of disquiet”
- (adj) (of a person or statement) having or showing great knowledge or insight; “a profound philosopher”
- (adj) (of a disease or disability) very severe; “a case of profound liver failure”
- (adj) (of a subject or idea) demanding deep study or thought; “expressing profound truths in simple language”
- (noun) the deepest part of something, especially the ocean; “nor billowy surge disturbs the vast profound”
Profound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गहरा, गम्भीर, गहन, अत्यंत, महासागर
- Middle English: from Old French profund, from Latin profundus ‘deep’, from Latin pro ‘before’ + fundus ‘bottom’. The word was used earliest in the sense ‘showing deep insight’.
Profound in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shobhaa De frivolous statement only reflects her profound ignorance of how athletes perform or what motivates them towards excellence.
- The students were in a state of complete shock and profound grief.
- This will have a profound impact on food security and bring us closer to our national goal of doubling farmer incomes by 2020.
- Little and profound emotions have been woven in and the film is sure to give you a lump in the throat.
- India’s energy sector is seeing profound transformations since the past two years.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of profound
- profound = prof. found a deep (profound) secret
indigent Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) poor; needy; “the first state pensions were given to indigent people over seventy”
- (noun) a needy person.
indigent (इन्डिजन्ट / इन्डिजेन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गरीब, दरिद्र, दीन, निर्धन, बेचारा, मुहताज
- late Middle English: via Old French from late Latin indigent- ‘lacking’, from the verb indigere, from indi- (strengthened form of in- ‘into’) + egere ‘to need’.
indigent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Bill moots protection for indigent widows.
- Socare, an organisation that looks after indigent children of convicts, roped the team for a camp.
- St Elizabeth hospital and Lotus Eye Hospital – failing to reserve 20% of beds for the indigent and economically weaker sections of society.
- Indigent sections of society would not find themselves welcome in its halls anymore.
- The urge to help friends and neighbours in their distress, to have pity for the poor and the indigent, is just not there.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of indigent
- indigent = indian + gent, most of them are poor and needy 🙂
Persecute Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) subject (someone) to hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of their race or political or religious beliefs; “no one should be persecuted for their religious beliefs”
- (verb) harass or annoy (someone) persistently; “she complained of being persecuted by the press”
Persecute (पर्सक्यूट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सताना, कष्ट देना, अत्याचार करना, तंग करना, पीछे पड़ना, कष्ट पहुंचाना, ज़ुल्म करना
- late Middle English: from Old French persecuter, from Latin persecut- ‘followed with hostility’, from the verb persequi, from per- ‘through, utterly’ + sequi ‘follow, pursue’.
Persecute in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Radical Muslims persecute Coptic Christians in Egypt.
- These kind of incidents happen throughout the country where policemen persecute poor for petty bribes.
- Mr Mann’s party has said that he is not guilty of the charges levelled and that other parties are colluding to persecute him.
- The Modi government seems to be gripped by a classic persecution complex while it seeks to persecute others.
- Beef Agenda: Another Tool To Persecute Muslims And Christians.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of persecute
- pursue = follow, if you pursue cute girl for long time, you are persecuting her.
Pernicious Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) having a harmful effect, especially in a gradual or subtle way; “the pernicious influences of the mass media”
Pernicious (पर्निशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- घातक, दुखदाई, नाशक, हानिकारक
- late Middle English: from Latin perniciosus ‘destructive’, from pernicies ‘ruin’, based on nex, nec- ‘death’.
Pernicious in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Politicians and government functionaries to benefit from favourable laws and tax concessions, crony socialism is equally pernicious.
- So, a team comprising young, tech-savvy clerics is being mooted to counter the pernicious propaganda.
- The real issue though, is still poaching of tigers, which is a pernicious, international and persistent problem.
- The pernicious effect of loan continues many years after graduation. The student is forced to find employment by the end of her studies.
- Rajan said high inflation has “pernicious effects” on the weaker sections.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pernicious
- kya ‘parinde’ (bird) ka meat pernicious (harmful) ho sakta hai?