- (verb) furrow one’s brows in an expression indicating disapproval, displeasure, or concentration. “he frowned as he reread the letter”
- (verb) disapprove of. “promiscuity was frowned upon”
- (noun) a facial expression indicating disapproval, displeasure, or concentration, characterized by a furrowing of one’s brows. “a frown of disapproval”
Frown meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- त्यौरी, तेवर, त्यौरी चढाना, त्योरी, त्योरी चढ़ाना, भ्रूभंग, भ्रूभंग करना, व्यग्र देख पड़ना
- late Middle English: from Old French froignier, from froigne ‘surly look’, of Celtic origin.
Frown in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Bring on the farts: Gujarat to hunt for India’s best ‘Fartists’ in …, Gujarat’s (and India’s) first farting competition is less than a week away. … “Millenials frown when someone farts…the talent of farting is being …
- Adivasis and the Indian State: Tribals’ philosophy of …, Millions speak this variety of Hindi, who equally frown on the word “mein”, … hilly terrains of Central-East India: the languages of the Adivasis.
- Some people get an electric shock on hearing ‘Om’ & ‘cow …, “In the life of rural India, animal husbandry is very valuable. … those who frown on the use of ‘Om’, an integral part of Hindu culture, marks an …
- Many frown upon final NRC, govt stresses this is not the end of …, On the expected lines, the final NRC results failed to satisfy many people across the spectrum prompting the government to assuage tempers …
- Insurance companies report boom in business after new, strict …, … owners frown but insurance companies are laughing all the way to the bank. … The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Frown
- your face will be like something when you are in this mood : “FR”ustated+”OWN”
How to Pronounce Frown