- (noun) the state of being private and away from other people;“they enjoyed ten days of peace and seclusion”
Seclusion (सिक्लूश़न) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from medieval Latin seclusio(n- ), from secludere ‘shut off’
Seclusion in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He went into seclusion for months after a motorcycle crash in 1966.
- Seclusion is the best way to cope with a breakup.
- So, they are forced to stay in old-age homes or live a life of extreme seclusion in their own homes.
- After his death, his widow lived a life of guarded seclusion.
- He resigned in 1983 and went into virtual seclusion.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of seclusion
- seclude — opposite of include
- (adj) (of a person or action) showing dedication and diligence;“he watched himself with the most sedulous care”
Sedulous (सेजलस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 16th century: from Latin sedulus ‘zealous’ + -ous.
Sedulous in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The students, who are sedulous, can make a great headway in academic activities for which emotional learning is an admirable path.
- The work of Krishna District Collector Babu A, in the ongoing construction of the new capital is marked by a sedulous attention to detail.
- We hope Aamir Khan finds the suitable girl to play his daughter in Dangal and all his sedulous efforts come to fruition.
- Governments have been quite sedulous in trying to support and generally encourage the industry, in terms of offering subsidies.
- He is remembered for his sedulous work in Den Amstel and in the villages of Guyana.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sedulous
- seducing a lady is no doubt a sedulous task
- (noun) an afternoon rest or nap, especially one taken during the hottest hours of the day in a hot climate; “everyone had a siesta for a few hours”
Siesta (सीएस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: Spanish, from Latin sexta (hora ) ‘sixth hour’.
Siesta in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A lunchtime siesta is also said to improve cognitive processing, reinforce memory, boost creativity and balance emotions.
- Chaurasia, who has a shop near the building, used to saunter on to the terrace every afternoon for a siesta.
- Is a midday siesta good for you?
- That might keep the boss at bay while you take an afternoon siesta at work!
- She has no time for afternoon siesta and two prime-time soap operas on television are her only entertainment of the day.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of siesta
- (verb) bring under domination or control, especially by conquest;“the invaders had soon subjugated most of the population”
- (verb) make someone or something subordinate to;“the new ruler firmly subjugated the Church to the state”
Subjugate (सब्जगेट / सब्जगैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अधीन करना, जीतना, ग़ुलाम बनाना, दास बनाना
- late Middle English: from late Latin subjugat- ‘brought under a yoke’, from the verb subjugare, based on jugum ‘yoke’.
Subjugate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Cricket was becoming a business, and historically, businesses that subjugate their workers more often than not end up with industrial action.
- Modi wants to subjugate the judiciary and the media: AAP on JNU row.
- His was a talent none could subjugate or restrict,” says Salim Kumar.
- But u know, the Islam tells to kill or subjugate, or convert non-muslims, it’s written in their book.
- It has fought the wars evenly, we were never able to subjugate them convincingly.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subjugate
- subjugate = “Sub” + “jhug” gaye mere saamne..
- (verb) interpret (a person’s words or actions) wrongly; “his indifference can easily be misconstrued as arrogance”
Misconstrue (मिस्कन्स्ट्रू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गलत समझना, अशुद्ध अर्थ करना, गलत अर्थ लगाना
- 1350-1400; Middle English; mis-, construe
Misconstrue in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- However, unfortunately, a scarily large number of people misconstrue completely unrelated behaviour and traits as sexual consent.
- Don’t misconstrue religion as communalism: Badal
- Lot of things I say are misconstrued: Shah Rukh Khan.
- Don’t misconstrue SC order: Sanjiv Bhatt to Modi.
- They must not misconstrue individual mistakes as political issues and put pressure on the courts.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of misconstrue
- miscontrue = missing the truepart