- (verb) to debase or make impure by adding inferior materials or elements; use cheaper, inferior, or less desirable goods in the production,“to adulterate food”
- (adj) impure or debased; cheapened in quality or purity “Adulterate remedies”
Adulterate (अडल्टरेट / अडल्टरैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिलावटी,अशुद्ध करना,भ्रष्ट करना,मिलावट कर
- early 16th century (as an adjective): from Latin adulterat- ‘corrupted’, from the verb adulterare
Adulterate in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Adulteration
- Adulterate ~ alternate, ek pure ek impure… 1010101… Mixed
Milk Adulteration Video | Man caught on camera adulterating milk in broad daylight. (Spy Video)
Adjure [uh–joo r]
- (verb) urge or request (someone) solemnly or earnestly to do something;“I adjure you to tell me the truth”
Adjure(अजुर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अनुरोध करना या अनुनय करना,शपथ दिलाकर कोई बात पूछना,सौगंध दिलाना,कसम खिलाना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘put a person on oath’): from Latin adjurare, from ad- ‘to’ + jurare ‘swear’ (from jus, jur- ‘oath’).
Can be confused with abjure, adjure
Adjure in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- I often adjure more cynical friends to consider our genuine and undeniable national strength, and strengths.
- As a young intern, I may not be the paramount authority to adjure you.
- I unflinching subscribe to it and adjure the general public to back social reform too.
- we, politely, adjure the IGP and the Hon. Minister for women and gender affairs to, personally, take an interest in this case
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adjure
- ADD+JEWAR(jewellery)…..wife demanding(adjuring).. mere ko aur jewar chahiye
Guess who is adjuring in the video below
Accessible [ak-ses–uh-buh l]
- (adj) (of a place) able to be reached or entered; “the town is accessible by bus”
- (adj) (of a person, especially one in a position of authority) friendly and easy to talk to; approachable; “he is more accessible than most tycoons”
Accessible (ऐक्सेसबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अभिगम्य,उपगम्य,उपलब्ध,गमनीय,गम्य,प्रवेश्य,प्राप्य,मिलनहार,सुगम,सुगम्य,सुलभ,पहुंचने योग्य
- late Middle English: from late Latin accessibilis, from Latin access- ‘approached’, from the verb accedere
Accessible in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Accessible
- ACCESS(something which you are able to use or enter) + ible(ABLE).
Abject [ab-jekt, ab-jekt]
- (adj) utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched; “abject poverty”
- (adj) (of something bad) experienced or present to the maximum degree; “abject condition”
- (adj) (of a person or their behaviour) completely without pride or dignity; self-abasing; “an abject apology”
Abject (ऐब्जेक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अधम,कमीना,घृणित,दयनीय,दीन-हीन,नीच,पतित,बुरा,भयानक,घृणा योग्य
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘rejected’): from Latin abjectus, past participle of abicere ‘reject’, from ab- ‘away’ + jacere ‘to throw’.
Abject in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abject
- Abject ~ Reject, if you get Rejected in a job interview, you will be in abject condition.
Abject poverty for this mother and child on India’s urban streets
Abeyance [uh–bey–uh ns]
- (noun) a state of temporary disuse or suspension; “the project was left in abeyance for the time being”
Abeyance (अबेअन्स / अबैअन्स) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- ठहराव, दुविधा, निलम्बन, विलंब, क्षणिक विराम
- late 16th century (in the legal sense): from Old French abeance ‘aspiration to a title’, from abeer ‘aspire after’, from a- ‘towards’ + beer ‘to gape’.
Abeyance in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of abeyance
- Abey – ance = obey – ance –> If you do not obey, you delay things
State govt keep in abeyance decision to extend bar timings