- (noun) the intervening time. “in the interim I’ll just keep my fingers crossed”
- (noun) an interim dividend, profit, etc.
- (adj) in or for the intervening period; provisional. “an interim arrangement”
- (adj) relating to less than a full year’s business activity. “an interim dividend”
Interim meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अल्पकालीन, अंतरिम, अन्तरिम अवधि, अंतरिमकाल, अंतर्कालीन
- mid 16th century (denoting a provisional arrangement, originally for the adjustment of religious differences between the German Protestants and the Roman Catholic Church): from Latin, ‘meanwhile’.
Interim in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- WC picks Sonia Gandhi as interim Congress chief after 77-day …, Sonia Gandhi becomes interim Congress chief ending the Congress’s leadership dilemma. The Congress Working Committee (CWC) …
- Independence Day 2019: No place for bigotry, fanaticism in India, says …, Congress interim president Sonia Gandhi hoists the Tricolour at the AICC … Thursday, said there is no place for bigotry and fanaticism in India.
- Kerala journalist’s death: Factual errors found in SIT report, Glaring factual errors have been found in the interim report filed by the Kerala Police’s Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the road ..
- South Africa Name Interim Team Director for India Tour, Cricket South Africa have appointed Enoch Nkwe as the interim team director of South Africa for upcoming T20I and Test series against India.
- New Delhi may not join interim arrangement to replace appellate body … ,India is unlikely to strike bilateral deals with World Trade Organization (WTO) members such as the European Union (EU) and Canada who …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Interim
- remember is ‘interval’. Range between two times.
- “Inter”+”Meantime”->In the meantime
Here's All You Need to Know About India's Interim Government – The Quint