Ostentatious Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary word to your Word List
Ostentatious [os-ten-tey-shuhs] (adjective)
- showing off,intended to attract notice and impress others
Ostentatious Word Usage:
- The ostentatious lifestyle of Hollywood stars evoke much interest among the public.
Ostentatious in News:
GC vessel puts on an ostentatious display for the TV cameras
Miley Cyrus’s Ostentatious, Jewel-Encrusted 2013 VMAs Look: Hot or Not?
Perspicacious Vocab Meme + Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Perspicacious [pur-spi-key-shuhs] (adjective)
- acutely insightful and wise
- having keen mental perception and understanding
Perspicacious Word Usage:
- Chacha Choudhary’s judgments were not only clever but perspicacious, humane, and, for the most part, convincing.
Unconscionable Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Unconscionable [uhn-kon-shuh-nuh-buhl] (adjective)
- not guided by conscience; unscrupulous
- greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation
Unconscionable Word Usage:
- an unconscionable spending
- an unconscionable liar
- an unconscionable behavior
- an unconscionable profit
Shareholders have had to wait an unconscionable time for the facts to be established
Conundrum Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word list
Conundrum [kuh-nuhn-druhm] (noun)
- anything that puzzles
- riddle or puzzle (involves a pun or play on words)
Conundrum word usage:
- The conundrum of falling rupee has been worrying the finance ministry for long.
- China market has proven to be conundrum for many foreign retailers.
Pariah and Ostracise Vocab Meme +2 English Vocabulary Word to your Word list
Pariah [puh-rahy-uh] (noun)
- a person who is rejected (from society or home)
Ostracise [os-truh-sahyz] (verb used with object)
- expel from a community or group
- Pariah is a person who is ostracised by civilisation, an outcast of society
- For his beliefs,Vidyasagar was initially declared a pariah.
- “Tom cat” was ostracised by other cats when they came to knew about “Talking Tom Cat” App on Iphone.