Umbrage vocab meme +1 Vocabulary word to your Wordlist
- (noun) a feeling of anger caused by being offended
Umbrage (अम्ब्रिज) meaning in Hindi
- कोप (m), छांह, छाया (f), रोष (m)
Umbrage in a sentence ( Umbrage word usage in recent news)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of word Umbrage
- notice the last 4 letters…RAGE.And then umbrella =shade, rage=anger and resentment.
How to pronounce or say Umbrage
Deepika Padukone Cleavage – Times Of India Controversy
Fat cat vocab idiom +1 idiom to your word list
- (idiom) a wealthy and powerful person, especially a businessman or politician.
- This expression dates back to the 1920s in the US whereby it was used to refer to people who made large contributions to political candidates.
Fat cat idiom in a sentence ( Fat cat usage in recent news)
Watch Top 5 fat cats In The World! (2014)
Lugubrious Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary word to your wordlist
Lugubrious [loo–goo-bree-uh s, –gyoo-]
- (adj) excessively mournful
Lugubrious (लुगूब्रीअस / लूग्यूब्रीअस) meaning in Hindi
Lugubrious word usage in recent news (Lugubrious in a sentence)
- That kind of lugubrious tone.
- He sings in such a lugubrious tone as to suggest simultaneously a low rumbling in the caves and a pronouncement from a deity.
- He’s too Welsh and lugubrious.
- Some are “poetic”, some lugubrious, some scathingly self-mocking.
- The old lady blows out her cheeks and assumes a lugubrious expression.
- Two schools of thought that emerged: One, that I just might be tragically right – but who needed such lugubrious news?
- The mood is lugubrious.
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Lugubrious
- He was very mournful when he had to BURY his maimed LEG.
How to say or pronounce Lugubrious
Time to watch Shahrukh Khan’s lugubrious song from the movie ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’
Achilles heel vocab idiom +1 vocabulary word to your word list
- (noun) a weakness or vulnerable point.
Story behind Achilles’heel
The term “Achilles’ heel” means a person’s vulnerable spot or area. It is derived from the Greek myth of Achilles and his mother Thetis. According to legend, when Achilles was born, his mother, in an effort to make him immortal, took Achilles to the Styx river and dipped him. She held him by one heel. The area where her fingers held him remained dry. As the heel was not touched by the waters of the Styx, it was the one vulnerable place on Achilles. Achilles became the hero of many battles during the Trojan War. Paris, Prince of the Trojans, shot an arrow in the heel of Achilles. Because the heel was the one spot untouched by immortality, Achilles died.
Achilles’ heel word usage in recent news (Achilles’ heel in a sentence)
- Apple Watch Battery Life May Be Its Achilles Heel
- India target England’s achilles heel by switching to an all-spin attack
- Defence is Man United’s Achilles heel
- If Narendra Modi’s government has an Achilles’ Heel, it is his weak bench strength in terms of potential ministers
- The Achilles heel for privacy and consumer protection are apps connected to marketing, where the information can be gathered and used.
- Verbal skills is the Achilles heel for a majority of CAT takers.
How to pronounce Achilles
Spiderman’s Achilles heel
Bite off more than you can chew Vocab Idiom +1 Idiom to your Word list
Bite off more than you can chew
- (idiom) To take on a task that is way to big
Origin: To bite off more than he can chew dates back to the 1800s in America, where it was common practice to chew tobacco. People would offer others a bite of their tobacco block, and some would greedily take a bite bigger than they would chew. People began to notice this and forewarned others not to bite off more than you can chew.
‘Bite off more than you can chew’ idiom usage in recent news (in a sentence)
- Rahat Kazmi’s ambitious film tries to bite off more than it can chew.
- While it is definitely great to walk that extra mile and be enthusiastic about whatever you do, don’t bite off more than you can chew i.e. by over-committing. Challenging yourself is one thing, but promising to do something completely out of your range is another thing.
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. I thought that starting two businesses simultaneously, albeit in two vastly different fields, would be doable.
- We are all guilty of biting off more than we can chew, and given the amount of stress the average person is experiencing, it is no wonder that our adrenal glands are in a constant state of overdrive.
This is what happen when you bite off more than you can chew in gym