VISFUN ACADEMY Limited provides users with an online platform and social media website and allows users to upload and share images, videos, and other content to the Vocab Meme (“Dailyvocab.com”) Platform. We take the rights of intellectual property owners very seriously and comply as a service provider.
VISFUN ACADEMY enforces its policy barring the upload of infringing material onto the Vocab Meme (“Dailyvocab.com”) Platform. We respect the rights of copyright owners and we ask that you do the same.
What is copyright?
Copyright is the right of an author of a creative work to prevent others from using that work, including performing or displaying the work publicly, reproducing a work, distributing a work, or using it to create new works (a derivative work). We strongly encourage users of the VISFUN ACADEMY Platform to familiarize themselves with copyright law before uploading content on the VISFUN ACADEMY Platform.
What types of materials are copyrighted?
Copyright can cover almost any creative expression, including photographs, images, videos, audio/visual creations, live streams, articles, and other works of authorship. If you did not create a work and do not have the consent of the copyright holder to publish or use it (e.g., upload it to the VISFUN ACADEMY Platform), your use of that work may be unauthorized and you may be subject to liability for copyright infringement.
What happens if I upload content to the VISFUN ACADEMY Platform for which I don’t own the copyright, have a license to use the work, or have consent of the copyright holder?
If you upload content and you don’t own the copyright and don’t have permission to upload, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, or create a derivative work of that content or any portion of that content, you may be sued by the copyright owner thereof for copyright infringement. The damages for copyright infringement can be severe.
If we are notified that material you have uploaded to the VISFUN ACADEMY Platform infringes someone’s copyright, we will notify you and take down the content you posted. This is required by law. If you persist in uploading unauthorized content, we will, ban you from using the VISFUN ACADEMY Platform.
What about fair use?
The “fair use” doctrine is an affirmative defense to copyright infringement that allows the use of a work for certain limited purposes such as criticism, commentary, parody, news reporting, research, and teaching. Fair use is a complicated doctrine, and it is an open question whether a particular use of a copyrighted work constitutes fair use. You are responsible for the content you upload to the VISFUN ACADEMY Platform and may be liable for money damages if it is determined that you wrongly assumed that your use of certain content constituted “fair use”.
Further Information Regarding Copyright Infringement:
- The extent to which content uploaded to the VISFUN ACADEMY Platform makes use of a copyrighted work may not matter: even the use of a small portion of a copyrighted work may cause you to be liable for copyright infringement.
- A copyright notice (i.e., © or ℗) is generally not required for a work to be protected by copyright law.
- Distributing content containing copyrighted material without the copyright owner’s permission may be a violation of copyright law even if you give the content away for free.
- There is no exception for “private” copying. Even if you share a work with only a small group of your friends or family, you could still be liable for copyright infringement.
- You can be liable for copyright infringement even if you give attribution to the owner or author of the copyrighted content.
- Even if you used your creativity to create new content that contains another person’s copyrighted work, you may be liable for copyright infringement.
- The only way that you can know for certain that content does not infringe anyone else’s copyright is if you created the entire work yourself without using anyone else’s copyrighted materials.
If you want to report content that you believe violates or infringes your copyright
Please fill out the VISFUN ACADEMY DMCA Copyright Infringement Notification form below. Note that a report alleging infringement or violation of legal rights must come from the rights owner or someone authorized to report on their behalf (e.g. attorney, agent). If you are not the rights owner or their authorized representative, we will not be able to process your report.
Please mention following info in message:
- Your Name, Address, country, Phone no.
- Link to copyright work
- Description of your copyright work
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: WE ARE NOT YOUR ATTORNEYS AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS COPYRIGHT FAQ IS FOR YOUR GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS FAQ IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND. THIS FAQ MAY NOT COVER IMPORTANT ISSUES THAT AFFECT YOUR USE OF CONTENT. YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT COPYRIGHT LAW OR YOUR USE OF PARTICULAR CONTENT.