Affidavit meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- शपथपत्र, शपथ पत्र, हलफनामा
Affidavit meaning in English (Vocabulary words)
- (verb) a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation, for use as evidence in court. “a former employee swore an affidavit relating to his claim for unfair dismissal”
- mid 16th century: from medieval Latin, literally ‘he has stated on oath’, from affidare .
Affidavit in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Nithyananda ashram case: Two ‘missing’ women file affidavit …, An affidavit attested by the Indian High Commission at Kingston, Jamaica, was filed on Thursday at the Gujarat High Court (HC) by the two …
- Irrigation scam: Ajit Pawar files affidavit, says allegations ‘mala …, Maharashtra deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar has filed an affidavit in the Nagpur Bench of Bombay High Court in reply to petitions against him in …
- India’s Largest Power Producer Wants NOx Norms Diluted For New Coal … mg/Nm3, the central government affidavit to the apex court shows.
- Nithyananda Likely In Jamaica, ‘accidental Death’ Of …, In a new affidavit, it was stated that the girls were in Jamaica and were … of pressure from Nithyananda and do not want to come back to India.
- In relief for 30000 homebuyers, Centre to take over Unitech, In an affidavit filed by ministry of corporate affairs, the government, however, told the court that it will not infuse any funds for the projects and …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Affidavit
- affidavit: (a)+fid+davit= I gave fid(trust) to the judge davit.(swore/oath)
- aff-di-witt we can form a sentance as: for an “effective” “divorce” we need a written “wittness”