Affix meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- लगाना, प्रत्यय, जोड़ना, संयुक्त करना/जोड़ना, चिपकाना, जोड़ना, प्रत्यय, मिलाना
Affix meaning in English (Vocabulary words)
- (verb) stick, attach, or fasten (something) to something else. “panels to which he affixes copies of fine old prints”
- (verb) be able to be fixed. “the strings affix to the back of the bridge”
- (noun) an addition to the base form or stem of a word in order to modify its meaning or create a new word.
- late Middle English: from Old French affixer or medieval Latin affixare, frequentative of Latin affigere, from ad- ‘to’ + figere ‘to fix’.
Affix in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Indian shooting in 2019: Shooters raise hopes of bumper …, The 15 Olympic quotas is not only a reflection of India’s rapid rise in … gold in the World Cup Final in Putian, China, to affix her stamp of class.
- MUDA adopts action plan to construct safety wall along …, The authority acting on another proposal given by Mangaluru City South MLA D Vedavyas Kamath, also decided to affix closed-circuit …
- FSSAI asks food operators to be aware of fake websites, The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) also said it … the word ”FSSAI” along with suffix or affix ”registration”, ”license”, etc.
- Who is to blame for death of 176 people in Ukraine plane …, … have been unintentional, trolls on social media strove to affix blame. … witness to an airline tragedy – one that involved India, from that era.
- Bhuj: The Pride of India — Sharad Kelkar replaces Rana Daggubati in Ajay … Kelkar says he always wanted to affix the navy, and being in Bhuj …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Affix
- affix sounds like suffix or prefix, that means add at end or begining, so affix means attach or add on
- a + fix >> software companies provide a fix or an ADD ON or ATTACHMENT inorder to improve fuctionality of their product..