Affliction meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- मुसीबत, पीड़ा, दुःख, असुख, रोग
Affliction meaning in English (Vocabulary words)
- (noun) a cause of pain or harm. “a crippling affliction of the nervous system”
- (noun) the state of being in pain. “poor people in great affliction”
- (noun) an instance of one celestial body afflicting another.
- Middle English (originally in the sense ‘infliction of pain or humiliation’, specifically ‘religious self-mortification’): via Old French from Latin afflictio(n- ), from the verb affligere (see afflict).
Affliction in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Emperor of all maladies. I am the only affliction known to the world that thrives on misery and agony. Every time I see the burning of stubble in the countryside leading to …
- Cancers in women–What can be done to reduce risk?. The most common cancers in Indian women are Breast, Cervical, … The average age of affliction is 38 years with a range of 21 – 67 years.
- Tax certainty matters, not just tax rates. India has moved up 20 points in the World Bank’s ease of doing … A similar affliction has crippled the AAR as well, where decisions come in in ..
- ‘Ghost Stories’ Review: Bollywood Aims for Frights. Akhtar, whose masterful film “Gully Boy” was India’s official Oscar … where the sole survivors of a mysterious affliction are two young children.
- From Sendhwa to Shaheen Bagh, Lessons About the Indian …. From a political perspective, India faced two pivotal moments in 2019. … they clearly retain an affliction for tradition, conformity and security.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Affliction
- sounds like infection, which causes a state of distress, irritation and suffering
- it can be a combination of two words..affection and conflict….so when there is a conflict in affection its a cause of great distress and suffering.