Affront meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अपमानित करना, अपमान, अनादृत, अपमान, अपमानित करना, तिरस्कार करना, प्रत्यक्ष अपमान
Affront meaning in English (Vocabulary words)
- (noun) an action or remark that causes outrage or offence. “he took his son’s desertion as a personal affront”
- (verb) offend the modesty or values of. “she was affronted by his familiarity”
- Middle English (as a verb): from Old French afronter ‘to slap in the face, insult’, based on Latin ad frontem ‘to the face’.
Affront in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Before her IMF stint, a ‘neo-liberal’ Gita Gopinath ruffled …, IMF now expects the Indian economy to grow 4.8 percent this fiscal, a steep … They saw Gopinath’s induction as an affront to their ideology.
- Indian-Americans stage more anti-CAA protests, For the third time in nine days, Indian-Americans protested against the … saying the new law was an “affront to India’s secular Constitution”.
- What Abide With Me means to India , writes Gopalkrishna …, Who does the verse affront ? What does it offend ? Has anyone been, can anything be, hurt by a song that is about the healing of hurt ? And so I …
- Stanford students to protest against CAA, attack on Indian …, “The CAA is an affront to India’s secular constitutional fabric, the NRC is inhumane and wasteful, and the government crackdown on protesters …
- India’s Supreme Court fails to strike down ‘anti-Muslim …, India’s Supreme Court on Wednesday rejected demands to suspend the … on religion represents an affront to the country’s secular constitution.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Affront
- affront sounds like infront, when someone is infront of others in something the other people try to insult them.
- af + front…….in(front)… and whenever you insult someone in front of others you do it intentionally to hurt them.