- (verb) (of a person) pull or drag with effort or force. “he hauled his bike out of the shed”
- (verb) propel or pull oneself with difficulty. “he hauled himself along the cliff face”
- (verb) force (someone) to appear for reprimand or trial. “he is to be hauled before the Press Council”
- (verb) (of a vehicle) pull (an attached trailer or carriage) behind it. “the engine hauls the overnight sleeper from London Euston”
- (verb) transport in a lorry or cart. “he made a living hauling coal”
- (verb) (especially of a sailing ship) make an abrupt change of course. “my plan was to haul offshore, well clear of the land”
- (noun) a quantity of something that has been stolen or is possessed illegally. “they escaped with a haul of antiques”
- (noun) a number of fish caught. “he landed a record pike haul”
- (noun) the number of points, medals, or titles won by a person or team in a sporting event or over a period. “his seven-goal haul against Liverpool”
- (noun) all the products purchased by someone during a particular episode of shopping. “I’m really pleased with my haul as I think I got some great bargains”
- (noun) a distance to be covered in a journey. “the thirty-mile haul to Boston”
Haul meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- ढोना, बलपूर्वक खींचना, प्राप्त वस्तु, जाल में फँसी हुई मछलियों की राशि, उतराई, खींचते से लाना, ढुलाई, ढोना, पकड़ी गई मछली की मिक़दार, पार करना, विजयोपहार
- mid 16th century (originally in the nautical sense ‘trim sails for sailing closer to the wind’): variant of hale2.
Haul in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- 1st Test: All-round Ishant Sharma puts India on top vs West Indies in …. Ishant Sharms’s 9th 5-wicket haul in Tests helped India restrict the hosts …
- Army was ready for a long haul before Balakot, say sources, The Indian Army was ready for a long haul as a fallout of the Balakot air strikes, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat assured the government.
- India vs West Indies, 1st Test: Ishant Sharma’s five-wicket haul helps … as West Indies end the day 108 runs behind India with only two wickets …
- Why Pakistan Will Not Succeed in Taking India to ICJ on Kashmir, The only way ICJ could take up Kashmir through this route is if India … eagerness to haul India to The Hauge is politically understandable.
- Post-Pulwama strikes earn Air Force rich awards haul, NEW DELHI: The audacious pre-dawn air strikes on a Jaish-e-Muhammed facility at Balakot and the subsequent skirmish between Indian and …