- (noun) untruthfulness; “He is truly shameless about his mendacity”
Mendacity (मेन्डैसिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- असत्य, झूठ, भिक्षावृति, मिथ्यावादिता
- mid 17th century: from ecclesiastical Latin mendacitas, from mendax, mendac- ‘lying’
Mendacity in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Yet again self-appointed experts have held forth about the dearth of sports facilities and the mendacity of officials in charge of these things.
- On a day like today I ask myself if wickedness, greed, bloodlust and mendacity are ingrained in us as a species.
- The episode of Gandhi’s article reveals the depths of mendacity to which high officials of the BJP can stoop.
- The Chinese position on the South China Sea is complicated and there is a touch of mendacity around them.
- The title of the two ‘Naked in front of police’ videos represents the worst kind of mendacity.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of mendacity
- mendacity= “men in the cities” LIE to get gorgeous girls