- (verb) (of a bird) tidy and clean its feathers with its beak
- (verb) (of a person) devote effort to making oneself look attractive and then admire one’s appearance
- (verb) congratulate or pride oneself
Preen (प्रीन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Preen in a sentence
- Milan’s preening peacocks!
- Many of us have heard our grandmothers preen about the daughter-in-law’s fairness
- A primary cause could be the use of unsanitized tools to pamper and preen your nails and uncleaned footbaths containing bacteria and germs.
- The stars preen and pirouette on the red carpet in their designer threads
- Fans’ reactions to this post might suggest that one shouldn’t complain as long as these ladies preen and pout to perfection
- Indian authorities love to preen at the high table, calling the country an equal among superpowers
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Preen
- Preen ~ Rin; commonly used detergent bar in India used for cleaning clothes.. hence preening clothes
Cockatiels – Why Do Birds Preen