- (verb) turn or slide violently or uncontrollably. “the Renault slewed from side to side in the snow”
- (verb) (of an electronic device) undergo slewing.
- (noun) a violent or uncontrollable sliding movement. “I was assaulted by the thump and slew of the van”
- (noun) a large number or quantity of something. “he asked me a slew of questions”
Slew meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- मारा हुआ, ढेर , दलदल, धसान, फेर, मोड़, अनेकता, निहत, अधिक संख्या, झटके से घूमना, झटके से घुमाना, झटके से घुमाना, मदहोश करना, घुमाना, घूमना, झुलाना झूलना, उन्मत्त करना, झटके से घूमना
- mid 18th century (originally in nautical use): of unknown origin.
- mid 19th century: from Irish sluagh.
Slew in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India to impose retaliatory tariffs on slew of American products, New Delhi: India is seeking to raise tariffs on a slew of products imported from the U.S. starting next week, just days ahead of a visit by U.S. …
- Indian PM, Maldives President conclude slew of pacts to widen Indian … ,Modi arrived in the Indian Ocean archipelago on Saturday on his first foreign visit after re-election as Prime Minister to strengthen the bilateral …
- RBI releases a slew of retail-investor friendly policies, Mumbai: The Reserve Bank of India cut the repo rate by 25 bps. However, the past two rate cuts have seen little transmission. The RBI’s .
- India, Krygyz Republic raise ties to strategic partnership, India and Kyrgyz Republic on Friday raised their bilateral relationship to level of a “strategic partnership” and signed a slew of agreements …
- Just how big is India’s ‘Mount Everest of Trash’?, Delhi is home to some incredible sights; the Lotus Temple, the Lodi Gardens, India Gate, and a slew of temples and tombs. Delhi has also …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Slew
- His typing was “slow”, yet there were a slew of errors.
- Slew is opposite small and few.