- (noun) a large number of similar things coming in quick succession. “a spate of attacks on holidaymakers”
- (noun) a sudden flood in a river.
Spate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- बाढ़, बड़ी संख्या में
- late Middle English (originally Scots and northern English in the sense ‘flood, inundation’): of unknown origin.
Spate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- DGCA probe finds ‘alarming practices’ by some airlines, NEW DELHI: The crackdown on airlines following a spate of accidents and … GoAir and AirAsia India for 2 each and one for Heritage Aviation.
- Pakistan’s continued support to Lashkar, Jaish obstacle for …, Acknowledging India’s demand that there cannot be any talks with …. rivulets and small streams are in spate, reminiscent of the floods in August …
- Heavy rain alert in Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued orange and … rivulets and small streams are in spate, reminiscent of the floods in …
- Opinion | The RCEP as a trade opportunity rather than threat, … Development Report (WDR) 2020, owing to a spate of protectionist policies around … India has been poor in accessing Global Value Chains …
- UP police on alert ahead of Supreme Court verdict of Ayodhya … , Talking to India Today, Singh said that he had visited Ayodhya with UP …. rivulets and small streams are in spate, reminiscent of the floods in …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Spate
- What will be fate of our state if there is a SPATE OR SUDDEN FLOOD?
- Spate=spat(spit) but rather pure water.